Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Little Project for Me!

It's pretty rare that I actually work on a project meant for me. We're usually too busy trying to prepare for a show. And now, with the addition of our permanent booth at Caledonia Vintage Marketplace, things will probably only get worse. Let's hope business is that good anyway. :)

But a few weeks ago, I decided to get a print made of a photo I'd had taken of the kids and I about a year ago. I hate to say I'd waited that long to get prints made, but it's true. Sometimes things just get crazy and you forget little things like that.

But I figured it was high-time to replace another picture I had in my house so I got this one printed too. Of course, when I got home, I didn't have a frame to put it in. When it comes to my own frames, I always gravitate toward nice, chocolate brown tones. But, I figured I might as well put some of my painting skills to good use. So I grabbed a thrift store frame. It was shiny silver. Not my taste at all. But, no fear. I had my Ce Ce Caldwells' paints on hand! 
I painted a nice coat of Virginia Chestnut on the frame and let it dry. Then I added Santa Fe Turquoise over the brown, brushing up and down, left and right, making sure to deliberately let the brush strokes show. I love how the brown peeks out from under the strokes and in the details on the frame. 
The colors were a great match for the photo itself. With the filter on it, the picture definitely has a nice vintage feel and the color of my shirt and eye shadow coordinate so nicely with the chalk paint colors I chose.
I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.
And ugly silver frame would never do, but now it is a focal point for one corner of my living room. :)

3 comments:

  1. Hallo! Your blog is very interesting and creative!
    Greetings from Bulgaria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the antiqued look of this frame! Good work!

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover