Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Liebster Award {for me!}

I've been nominated for a Liebster Award and I'm so super thrilled about it! I feel like my blog has just grown leaps and bounds since I really started getting serious about it at the beginning of this year and it feels great to receive this nomination!
Sami over at Go Go Mountain Girl gave me the nomination. You can see who else she nominated here.

First things first. A little about the award, in case you aren't familiar with it. The word liebster is German and it means dearest or lovely. The award is given to up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers. It's a great way for fellow bloggers to pat each on the back. And it's also a fantastic way to find new blogs and meet new bloggers. Who doesn't love a little attention?

To accept the award, I have to answer a few questions that Sami chose, so you all can get to know me a little better. Here we go...

1} If there was a movie made based on your life, who would play you and why? I think it would have to be Drew Barrymore, because she's just so darn cute and funny and quirky. And that's exactly how I am. (ha, ha!)

2} What was the last thing you Googled? The number for the bus garage for my kids' school. They go to school of choice within our district and I realized I had never set them up to ride the bus to their Nana's house after school. And here I thought I was pretty much together for the beginning of school! Ha!

3} What is one of your guilty pleasures? Stouffer's Macaroni and Cheese. Baked in the oven. It is oh-so good and I treat myself to it when I really want to enjoy some comfort food and I'm only cooking for me. 

4} What is something you know now that you wish you knew "then"? Hmmm... There are a lot of those. But I think the biggest thing is that, no matter how big and stressful and way-too-difficult things seem, there's no use freaking out about it because it never helps and all things will eventually get better. Sometimes they take a good long while to improve, but they do get better. I guess what I'm saying is that, no matter what it is, I can make it through. 

5} What do you consider to be one of your greatest accomplishments? I don't know if it's my greatest accomplish, technically. But it's something I'm pretty proud of myself for... I went skydiving! I can't ride amusement park rides and I'm not even very keen on planes! But I mustered up the courage to go skydiving! lol

6} What is one thing not many people know about you? I used to be extremely shy when I was a kid and all the way through high school. In fact, I was voted Most Shy Girl in my graduating class! :/

7} If you could wave a magic wand and change one thing about your life, would you? What would it be? I honestly don't think I would. Because all the things I'd like to change would then change the course of everything that happened after, and I wouldn't be where I am today. I kind of like who and where I am. :)

8} What is your favorite Disney movie? Tangled. Hands-down. I actually kind of tear-up at the end when Flynn almost dies. It's such a great love story...

9} What is something you've never done, but would like to try? I think I'd love to go diving to see all of the beauty under the ocean. 

10} Where is your favorite pace to be? I'm kind of a homebody and I think that's my favorite place of all. There's no place like home, right?

11} What is your favorite blog post you've written? There are a lot of projects I've written about that I really love, but I'd have to say my favorite post ever is the post I wrote for my little girl on her birthday last year... For My Little Girl

Now, the fun part! I get to nominate 11 blogs for the award!
Here are the great blogs I choose...

And here are the rules for accepting the Liebster Award, for all the lovely ladies I've chosen...

1} You must link back to the person who nominated you.
2} You must answer the 11 questions given to you by your nominator.
3} You must pick 11 bloggers, each with under 200 subscribers, to be nominated for the award.
4} You must come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5} You must go their blogs and notify them of their nomination.

And the eleven questions I am posing to my nominees are...
1} If you had to live in a decade other than the current one, which one would you choose?
2} What is your favorite blog post that you've written?
3} What is your favorite book ever?
4} If you could meet any famous person, who would it be and why?
5} Why do you blog?
6} What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
7} Where is the best place you've ever been to?
8} What's inspiring you the most these days?
9} What is your favorite childhood memory?
10} If your life was a movie, what would it be called?
11} What is the last song you listened to?

Thanks again to Sami for the nomination and have a great day everyone!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover