Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Almost Autumn A-Frame Sign

Since everyone seems to be in the autumn frame of mind (and I can't seem to get there, even though the kids are going back to school soon and I need to refresh my booth at the store), I thought I would at least set up a little fall-themed vignette for you while I show off this cute little sandwich-style chalkboard I threw together.

I bought this wooden thing from a yard sale a couple weeks back. The lady told me it was a piece from a table that had been long gone. It does look like some sort of leaf, though the hinges throw me off a little. I bought it for $1.00, took it home, and leaned it against our storage dresser. 
I was picking up my house in order to have a few people over for my daughter's birthday and I moved this into the middle of the floor, opening it at the hinge and standing it up. When I looked at it, I realized that's exactly what it should be... an a-frame sign.
So I whipped out the chalkboard paint and painted both sides, leaving some of the wood exposed at the top. And that was that. It was done!

This little white pumpkin is painted with some milk paint in cream.
I picked up the wire basket at Hobby Lobby for $3.00. We use the natural twine for hanging our business cards/price tags on our products.
These 2x4 pieces were painted in ASCP Barcelona Orange with some American Paint Company Tumbleweed dry-brushed over it. They are a work in progress yet. The little wire curly-cue stems aren't even glued in there. But I knew I would love the orange paired up with the dark wood from this sign and the cream painted pumpkin. 
Here is a view of the top hinges.
And a view from the side and back.
And, guess what? Throwing this little vignette together definitely helped to get me in the mood for autumn. Yay! Because I certainly need to get busy with some fall creations for an upcoming show! :)
post signature

Everyone loves a good party!
Check my project out along with other great inspiration, at these great blogs...

Furniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard SeedInspire Me Please Link Party at Liz Marie BlogFrugal Friday at The Shabby NestFeathered Nest Friday at French Country CottageWhat Have You Redone at Redoux InteriorsHome Sweet Home at The Charm of HomeThrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty GrooveSimple and Sweet Fridays at Rooted inThymeBe Inspired at Common GroundFabulously Creative Friday at Jennifer RizzoShow and Tell Friday at Romantic HomeJunkin' Joe Vintage and Thrifty Finds at The Cottage MarketLink Party Palooza at Tatertots and JelloShabbilicious Friday Link Party at Shabby Art BoutiqueTickled Pink at 504 MainFriday's Five Features at DIY Vintage ChicCreate Inspire at A Night Owl BlogCraft Frenzy Friday at Craft DictatorFriday Link Party at The Pin JunkieBest of the Weekend at A Little ClaireificationDIY Weekend at Mr and Mrs Winslett

1 comment:

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover