Monday, November 18, 2013

Let It Snow: How to Make Snowmen Decor with 2x4 Scraps

2x4 scraps become an adorable piece of winter decor
When it comes to winter decor, I just love snowmen! Last year we made some of these cute groups of snowmen and sold every one! So, we're at it again this year!
These are just about as simple as it gets. Almost as easy as our 2x4 Snowmen Ornaments I shared with you last week! I used 3 scrap 2x4 pieces, in varying heights, and another piece for the bottom, just wide enough so the three snowmen can sit on top.
Using 2x4 scraps to create snowmen
I painted the bottom board in this version with Destin Gulf Green and used Vintage White for the snowmen. But these are unfinished 2x4 pieces so any paint will do the trick!  Using a small brush, I simply added some black on for the eyes and a little orange in a triangle shape for their noses. I like them simple, so that's all I did for their faces. 

When painting the pieces, I left the bottom of the snowmen and part of the top of the base bare so the wood glue I wood attach them with would adhere to the unfinished wood. I clamped them overnight. 
In the morning, I added some red baker's twine and some natural twine for their scarves.
Cute and easy 2x4 snowman decor
The lettering on the base was done in Vintage White and I used one of my custom-cut vinyl stencils to add it on. 
2x4 scraps with paint and stenciled lettering
This is a very simple craft and just cute as a button! Speaking of buttons, I have also done some with vintage button eyes and scrapbook paper noses and I've used fabric scraps for their scarves. There are a lot of possibilities so, if you decide to make one of your very own, have fun picking out accessories! And I'd love to see a picture if you do make one! My email is located on the sidebar. 
Let It Snow Holiday Snowman Decor!
Next up I'll have a project for you that features a line from my very favorite movie of all time... It's a Wonderful Life. Hope to see you soon!

Head on over and like our facebook page here.
Follow me on Pinterest with this link.
To get all the latest posts through bloglovin', just click this.
New followers and comments absolutely make my day! :)
'Til next time!
post signature

Partying with these great ladies!
That DIY Party at DIY ShowoffGive Me the Goods Party at Rain on a Tin RoofMonday Funday at Creatively LivingInspiration Monday at twelveOeightThe Scoop at Cedar Hill RanchProject Inspired{d}at Cupcakes and CrinolineTweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little HouseThe Power of Paint Party at Domestically SpeakingFluster's Creative Muster Party at Fluster BusterNifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal CharmBrag About It Tuesday at BebetsyKnick of Time Tuesday at Knick of Time InteriorsWhimsy Wednesday at Smart School HouseUnder $100 Linky Party at Beyond the Picket FenceWow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern StyleFrom Dream to Reality at The DIY DreamerWork It Wednesday at The Blissful BeeHome and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome LifeFurniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard SeedInspire Me Please Link Party at Liz Marie BlogFrugal Friday at The Shabby NestFeathered Nest Friday at French Country CottageWhat Have You Redone at Redoux InteriorsThrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty GrooveSimple and Sweet Fridays at Rooted inThymeBe Inspired at Common GroundFabulously Creative Friday at Jennifer RizzoShow and Tell Friday at Romantic HomeJunkin' Joe Vintage and Thrifty Finds at The Cottage MarketLink Party Palooza at Tatertots and JelloTickled Pink at 504 MainBest of the Weekend at A Little ClaireificationSaturday Show and Tell at Cheerios and LattesSaturday Nite Special at Funky Junk InteriorsA Bouquet of Talent Party at Life on Lakeshore DriveFrom the Farm Blog HopDIY Showcase Party at Minette's MazeShare It One More Time at One More Time Events

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover